Autism Spectrum Disorder
Tentative start date: March 27, 2023
Tentative end date: December 8, 2023
Info session: January 12, 2023 at 6:30pm (online via Zoom)
Mode of delivery: Hybrid
This specialized program is college-level training that will enable students to acquire competencies and knowledge about the functioning of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) (of all ages) and to properly carry out interventions with these individuals.
The training leads the graduate directly into the labour market for employment working with individuals with ASD and their families. More specifically, the training will enable the graduates of the program to provide specialized support in the context of integration and provide specialized educational assistance services to individuals with ASD, as well as their family and friends.
Ultimately, the program aims to equip graduates to meet the challenges inherent in a complex and ever-changing work environment.
The Autism Spectrum Disorder Program consists of five (5) credit courses, for a total of 330 hours.
- 351-H12-VL Understanding the Individual with Autism – 60 Hours
- 351-H13-VL Autism Spectrum Disorder – 45 Hours
- 351-H22-VL Approaches, Interventions and Programs for ASD – 45 Hours
- 351-H33-VL Support for Individuals with ASD and their Families – 60 Hours
- 351-H34-VL Integrative Intervention Project and Application of Clinical Tools – 120 Hours
Note: If a student registered in this program withdraws, stops attending or does not succeed in a course which is a pre-requisite for a following course, the student’s status may change from full-time to part-time and consequently all fees will be recalculated.